[According to the current sanitary conditions, date and program are subject to modifications]
Every year, the Cattle Fair attracts thousands of visitors and gathers local farmers, craftsmen, inhabitants of the Valley of the Arves around common goals : traditions and friendliness.
[SUBJECT TO MODIFICATIONS]
- Agricultural competition : starting at 10am, the competing animals (cows, horses, donkeys, sheeps and goats) will be noted by the jury. The prize-giving will take place at the end of the afternoon.
- Local know-how and tradition put in the spotlight : in order to discover about it, many shows will take place during the day : demonstration of Beaufort cheese making by the cheesemaker of the cheese factory of the Valley of the Arves, churned butter, obervation of the herding dogs, hand milking. On the craftmarket, visitors will see the values of our land, the craftsmen will share their values. You will also be able to admire the folk dance group of "Les Soldanelles" with traditional costumes and dances.
- Animations for all : traditional games all day long, such as "carry a can of milk", trampojump for the children. You will enjoy accordeonist Michel Vittone and you some alphorn during the day.
- Typical food : for lunch, a Savoyard lunch will be served (booking at the tourist office, limited amount of places) and a refreshment bar will be available all day .
- A all included stay to win : the Tourist Office offer a conteste in the village to win an all inclusive stay for 4 people (accomodation, ski passes Sybelles and skiing/snowboarding equipment).
Period of opening
Sunday 22 August 2021.
All day long. Chec the timetable on the weekly entertainment program.
Equipment & services
Lunch on booking at the Tourist Office
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs