Situated between Albertville and Faverges, at 1000 meters above sea level, The Fort de Tamié offer a walking path and picnic areas with a beautiful view of the mountains.
The access is free.
The Fort de Tamié is the most important built in France at the 19th century. It was built by 600 italians workers in 1876 to defend the french borders.
The Fort de Tamié had a great geographical strategic interest to survey all the directions.
On site there are a tree climbing course, un kid park, historical guided tours, a snack ans a store of regional products for greedy people.
The Fort is open from 16 april to 6 november.
For the kid park, the walking path the store and the snack you don't need a sanitary pass.
Period of opening
From 16/04 to 30/06/2022, daily between 11 am and 6.30 pm during French school holidays. Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays except school holidays.
From 01/07 to 31/08/2022, daily between 10 am and 6.30 pm.
From 01/09 to 06/11/2022, daily between 10 am and 5.30 pm during French school holidays. Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays except school holidays.
Equipment & services
Guided group tours
Booking of general amenities
Tour free of charge
Opening period outside school holidays:
- from 9 May to 30 June OPEN every Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays from 11.00 to 18.30.
- from 1 September to 21 October OPEN every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and public holidays from 10am to 5.30pm.
Opening period during school holidays:
- from 1 July to 31 August every day of the week from 10.00 to 18.30.
- from 22 October to 6 November every day of the week from 10am to 5.30pm.
Warning the Fort can be closed in case of severe weather: in this case, see our google page.
- Hearing disability
- Mental disability
- Visual disability
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
Next to the Abbey of Tamié.