A hybrid cycling practice, a cross between mountain biking and road
The Gravel philosophy, imported from the US, is gaining more and more followers in France: it allows you to get off the beaten track and to discover the most beautiful landscapes, life behind bars transcending tarmac and gravel. This discipline has been integrated into the statutes of the French Cycling Federation since 2020..
Gravel in our valley
The Maurienne has developed itineraries: discover the 8 stages of the Ultra Gravel Tour of the Alps.
♥ We offer you a roadbook as a detailed guide.
This one presents a route to be carried out across 8 consecutive days, or in stages according to your desires.
The valley also hosts Gravel events, to discover below.
The Utra Gravel Tour of the Alps
A route between Maurienne, Tarentaise, Italy and Hautes-Alpes
Lovers of gravel and adventure, discover this new 100% mountain route which will lead you to conquer some of the most beautiful alpine passes by wild roads and paths. Covering more than 460 kms, you will eat up nearly 14,700m of elevation gain and no less than 15 passes , including 11 at over 2,000 meters in altitude.
The course can be done in one go or over several days.
The Ultra Gravel Tour of the Alps is:
- The ascent of 15 passes including the Madeleine, the Granon and the Galibier. see the virtual tours
- Crossing the Maurienne valley off the beaten track
- The diversity of landscapes and atmospheres all along the route
- 100% mountain immersion, in the heart of the Alps
- The discovery of natural riches and of the Northern Alps