Built in 1806, the Telegraph Chappe du Plan de l'Ours is located close to the mills of Pralognan and the Vanoise National Park. In its forest setting, it is the first rehabilitated station in Savoie.
Between 1806 and 1814, it was one of the 33 posts linking Lyon to Turin. Its optical mechanism, associated with a specific vocabulary, allowed the sending of confidential messages by displaying 92 different signals.
With its arrowed access, car and coach parking, it is also accessible to people with reduced mobility.
From 15/05 to 15/09, daily.
Équipements & Services
Guided group tours
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Possibility of drop-off in front of the site
Kept on a leash.
A43 (Exit No. 30)
> Direction MODANE / LE FRENEY - D1006
> SAINT-ANDRE L'ORGERE, then signs "Télégraphe Chappe", access by car and bus 200 m from the site.